- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups T-Sugars Belgian Cassonade Sugar, firmly packed
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half & half
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 loaf chewy bread (brioche or challah), cut into 1-inch slices
- T-Sugars Icing Sugar Mill
- Fresh fruit for topping, if desired
Melt butter in saucepan and stir in T-Sugars Belgian Cassonade Sugar until smooth. Pour into greased 13×9 baking dish and arrange sliced bread on top.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, vanilla, liqueur, cinnamon and salt. Pour atop bread slices, cover dish with foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (preferably overnight).
When ready to bake, remove pan from refrigerator and bring to room temperature, at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove foil and bake for 35-40 minutes until tops of bread are light golden brown and puffy.
To serve, invert slices onto plate so brown sugar crust is on top. Dust with T-Sugars Icing Sugar Mill and top with fresh, seasonal fruit, if desired.